EXO ARNVIND is looking for an ambitious Senior Department Manager for a Global Bioscience Company.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Department Manager to head our Customer’s Microbial Analysis Department within the R&D department in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Our Customer is a world leading company which developes and manufactures microbialculture and enzyme-based products for the food as well as health & nutrition industries.
The Microbial Analysis department is part of the new central R&D organization.
You will become part of a busy Analytical function where they value strong team work, aim for scientific excellence, and provide high value to their customers.
Their Senior Department Manager for Microbial Analysis has been promoted, so they are looking for a replacement.
The Department Manager will report to the Senior Director for Analytics, and will be part of a newly established management team.
The Department Manager will lead a growing team of highly skilled employees. Currently the department includes approx. 30 dedicated employees.
2 team mangers and 9 employees will report directly to the Department Manager.
The focus for the department is microbial analyses and method development of classical and more modern analytical methods for performance analyses (e.g. enumeration, stability, acidification etc.) as well as purity analyses.
The Microbial Analysis department plays a central role in new product development and new process development as well as development and validation of QC release methods and technology. Therefore, a key task for the Department Manager is stakeholder management of the many collaborators throughout the rest of the organization.
You will have the responsibility to ensure that the department provides quality analyses and support to other R&D departments, as well as methods and support to QC. A key task for the Department Manager is to ensure optimal utilization of resources by working with continuous improvements, and at the same time secure that methods and procedures are validated according to relevant requirements e.g. in international standards.
You will be responsible for development of employees and the future organization of the department and through your work in the management team you will be part of defining the future strategy for the Microbial Analysis department.
- Lead the team, manage task prioritization, and secure quality of methods and results
- Contribute to employee development through performance management
- Secure optimized resource planning and coordination
- Ensure a collaborative and safe working environment
- Be in charge of the department’s structure and strategy and follow up of Key Performance Indicators
- Work with stakeholders throughout the company to ensure alignment and efficient execution of projects
- Further develop the competences and capabilities of the team to meet future needs for microbial analyses in the company
Your personal profile
- Genuine interest in and significant experience with people management
- Advanced education within the natural sciences and/or Microbiology
- Background and experience within the area of Microbiology, preferentially with both classical and modern microbiological methods
- It would be a great advantage to have experience from the food and/or pharma industry
- Solid planning capabilities and experience with resource management tools
- Interest in and experience with development and validation of methods
- Experience with scouting for and implementation of new technology and robotics
- Preferentially practical experience with quality systems (ISO/GLP/GMP)
- Interest in working with LEAN optimization
- Ability to keep the overview and deliver results even when being under pressure
- Natural ability to form and maintain networks
- Proactive and focused on identifying opportunities and solutions
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
Our Customer offers:
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal
development. You will lead an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and be part of building a new management team and hence have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the R&D Microbial Platform.
About our customer:
Our Customer is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany.
If the above descriptions could be you – then please apply here at EXO Career Portal
We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you know relevant candidates ? Check this !
At EXO ARNVIND you can make money by knowing the right candidates!
You can easily get a secure link here: EXO Referral that you can use to make referrals on all our open positions.
If you submit a new candidate for us, and your candidate gets the job – you will receive a hiring bonus of 700 EURO !
If you want to commit to regularly finding exciting candiates for us, in your area of expertice and of course make even more money – you can apply to be an EXO Partner here: Apply EXO Partner
We look forward to working with you !